rhi was engaged by the client to provide a variety of services for their Semi-sub Floating Production Unit (FPU) hull with topsides and subsea well tie-back. The location for the project was situated in the Gulf of Mexico with water depths of 4,500ft-5,200ft.
- Estimating and Benchmarking Support Services to Estimating Team:
- Request for Estimate
- Class 2, 3 and 4 Estimates
- Pre-Contract Quantity Surveying (QS) Support Services:
- Preparation of Tender deliverables including Schedules of Rates, Preambles & Bills of Quantities for use in unit rate contracting
- Tender Evaluation
- Post-Contract QS Support Services:
- Contract Management
- Site contract administration of fabrication / construction contracts – valuations, change management, progress measurement and payment.
- Measurement of IFC quantities to update Contract Price
- Field progress verification of installed quantities
Value-added by rhi
- Cost benchmarking for project budgeting/pricing and development of metric to validate Bidder pricing levels.
- Provide commercial input to help client work towards final investment decision (FID)
- Use of rhiCOMS unit rate contracting system to enable early engagement of Bidders .