rhi was engaged by the client to provide contractual and commercial support for the Topsides and Jackets fabrication contracts. The installation has been designed to produce until 2050, with production capacity expected to peak at 120,000 barrels per day.
- The services included preparation and evaluation of tenders for the:
- Major fabrication packages
- Preparation of bid check estimates
- Re-measure of AFC / as-built drawings in accordance with the contract
- Effective cost reporting
- Monitoring and forecasting throughout the duration of the project
- Evaluation of engineering changes
- Negotiation and agreement of variations and claims analysis
- Preparation of cost close out report.
Value-added by rhi
- rhi provided on site Quantity Surveying team and Contract management personnel to interface with the contractor and monitor resource allocation for changes
- Use of rhi in-house unit rate contracting system, rhiCOMS throughout pre- and post-contract period
- Full base measure allowed the contract price to be updated and appropriate milestone payments made to the contractor
- Evaluation of claims from contractor allowed client to minimise additional payments outside the contract price