Mining and Minerals
rhi was engaged by the client to manage part of their estimation process for their open pit gold mine, during the feasibility and construction period. The project involves the construction, operation and reclamation of an open pit mine, with a daily ore production rate of approximately 60,000t.
- Define estimate inputs, coordinate, and provide direction to all parties responsible for the capital cost estimates.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation to support estimate preparation and reviews.
- Perform high-level analysis of project quantities and costs for reasonableness.
- Reviewed and validated contractor’s change order proposals and submits evaluation report to Contracts/Project Managers.
- Post contract QS Sub-contract management including remeasurement, validation, commercial agreements.
- Post contract - Contract Administration
- Post Contract Planning and Project Controls
Value-added by rhi
- Rapid identification of suitably qualified in-house resources and mobilisation to a challenging location predominantly utilising provincial based people.
- Ad hoc specialised estimating and planning services provided to suit the needs of the project – ramping up and down to suit.
- Very low attrition.